Thursday, February 21, 2008

Funny how the the world is put into perspective

Last night i was stressed. I have a test psych coming up that i was studying and loads of hw that i still had to finish. I was leaving the library and i still had more hw waiting for me back at my dorm. As i was leaving i looked up and saw a man with a small bag of empty cans going through the recyclables with a flash light, he looked up at me with a expression of complete shock and petrified fear. I immediately realized he was homeless i kept walking thinking about what i had seen. The man was petrified that i would do something to to his small fortune he had. He most likely was going to find a safe place on campus to call home for the night, hoping the night would not be too cold. I was pissed about having hw and exams, this guy was trying to find a place to sleep tonight. I actually have a chance to make something of myself. Of course last night was the lunar eclipse i looked up and realized this when saw most of the moon covered in blackness except for shred of light at one end. And at that moment even though i realized i was in hell and prolly wouldst get out for a few more hours there was till hope. I could claw my way and get out the black night that engulfed me, it was that series of events that gave me the motivation to get my work down and on with it. Of course the motivation wore off after a few questions, but at least realized the overall goal that we are all striving for. That little crescent of light that is there, that if your reading this blog then you have a chance just as i do to find the light. Unfortunately for that homeless man that light has dimmed a long time ago and his world will always be in a dark blackness.

1 comment:

Joey said...

I feel your pain man. I have been very stressed all week with homework as well. Seeing that homeless person would have made me think as well. I would have felt very bad for him. Your right though, at least we have the opportunity to work towards something. For him, he is just trying to survive every day.