Tuesday, April 29, 2008

"Your not my father", "Your right I am not your father, I'm your roomate"

I had a strange happening occur this past Sunday. My roommate had his girlfriend up this weekend, shes a nice girl and i know very well know that its almost the end of freshman year. I had gotten use to this, although i am one to argue that long distance relationships do not work. Well i had to go to a concert for my music in wester civ class, i left around 3 pm, and i saw my roommate and his girlfriend leaving so i figured that he was taking her back home, and it wouldn't surprise me if he decided to stay home, it seems like every other weekend he's home or has someone he knows up in our dorm. Well at this point I am not sure as to whether or not he will come back. Well the day rolls on and, before i know it its bed time, 11:30, yeah i know its early but i do what i do. So at that point i go to my other roommate, we're in a designed triple, i guess hes not coming back, in a sarcastic tone, since it was obviously pretty late to be on the road. Of course like every Sunday night i have trouble sleeping since i stay up too late Saturday night and sleep in Sunday morning. Well I am tossing and turning, and around 2 am i hear our door knob start to shake, like someones trying to break into our room. My heart skips a few beats and i go from being on the verge of finally getting some sleep to an alarm state where i think I am going to have to defend my room. Mind you i had a final in less then 6 hours. Suddenly the door opens and its my roommate and his girlfriend, i think to myself, what the @#$%, its 2 am, did they decide to leave home at 12 midnight? It takes 2 hours to get from his house to Cortland. This doesn't make any sense, so know i begin to think that something might be wrong. Well his girlfriend stays and he leaves so now i am really confused. I come to the realization they are staying and he is dropping his car off at the student lot, that at least makes sense, everything else doesn't. Well around 2:30 he gets back to the dorm, i live in Degroat, so its a walk from 281. Well at this point I'm not happy, unfortunately past experience as told me yelling at him wont do any good. The next morning i learn, not from my roommate of course, but from a friend down the hall that they went to Buffalo for a concert, My own roommate couldn't tell me he was going to a concert? I wanna talk to him and say that when he's doing stuff like this he should at least give me a heads up. I then recall when one night i was trying to sleep and his desk lamp was on, and i couldn't sleep because of it, i first asked him if he could study down in the study lounge. I kept asking then i finally told him to go downstairs, cause i cant sleep, then he uttered a comment. " Your not my father", and my reply was "your right, I'm not your father, I'm your roommate" My question is should my roommate keep me posted on what hes doing, like a concert in buffalo, and hes going to show up at 2 am on the night of a final exam i have. Cause i am not his father, but i am his roommate.

3 comments:

Tyler's Tales said...

I hear ya. I hate being woken up at 2 am. You should have moved out a long time ago. Life is so much better with a good roomate.

LorenLib said...

This would definitely bother me too. I understand where your coming from. I would like to know if my roomate was going to leave and come back with his girlfriend at 2 am...especially when your roomate has a friend or girlfriend with him because thats always an inconvenience!

PiNk1062 said...

Thats no fun to be woken up at that hour..i agree, he should of told you. Don't sweat the small stuff though, the semester's just about over!